Sunday, June 5, 2011

NO MORE MAG FED: A Departure From Milsigs

       After a great amount of deliberation, I've sold my M-Series Paradigm. The idea that I had spent too much acquiring and adding onto a marker which was very A5-like has been festering on my mind for a very long time. That, and the set up was starting to feel too intricate, to run it effectively I needed the expensive RRV Vest, multiple mags, and because I run a remote line, multiple add ons to that previously mentioned vest. The more I was spending to operate the Paradigm, the more I felt I was less happy using it. I was acquiring a pile of stuff, all of it to run this particular marker and the set up, tear down, and cleaning time was starting to feel chore-like and less rewarding than it usually is. I still love milsim, and still remain a somewhat limited ammo player (150-ish shots a game anyone?), but I've opted to go back to basics and run a fairly minimalist X7 Phenom set up. Not only with the Paradigm, but with other pricey markers in the past (e.g. Bob Long Vice) the more money I pump into a set up, the less happy I am using it. At the end of the day, they all shoot 300 feet per second, they all get you a one foot grouping with the right barrel, and even respectable entry level markers grant very consistent velocities when running on HPA.
       Once all is said and done, I no longer have a Marksman Barrel, nor a Paradigm, however I do have the Phenom which I can review for your paintball pleasure, another stock to talk about, as well as an online acquaintance with a Paradigm who I really hope would be interested in doing a guest post on here. He also has a Replica Elcan SPCTR DR which I'm sure some would like to hear about. If he reads this, he knows who he is. I also met a young gentleman with a Tippmann Gryphon today which I'd love to get my hands on and poke around with.
        In the mean time, I'm still working away on the giant Eight Pounds Ops Super Secret Project which I hope all will love, and in the next two weeks I'm hoping to get some gear gallery posts up of all the Valken camo schemes as they trickle in from the team supplier. No one likes a bonus baller! Have a good week.

1 comment:

  1. I will get to that post when I can!.
    I'll start working on a draft.

    ReplyDelete